Prospective 9th Grader
1. Schedule a Visit. The best way to imagine yourself as a Crusader is to shadow at Bishop Canevin. Shadow students participate in classes, interact with current students and teachers, and sample a Crusader lunch!
2. Eighth grade students may also choose to attend the "Crusader For A Day" event for a chance to talk with student leaders and Bishop Canevin faculty while they attend classes, learn about athletics, activities, and clubs, and get a glimpse of daily life as a Crusader. Click here to register for the 8th Grade Crusader for a Day.
We invite you to explore Bishop Canevin by attending one or both of these opportunities. Please contact Katie Stevens, Director of Admissions, at 412.922.7400, ext. 220 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your visit.
3. Complete an application and submit it to the Director of Admissions. ONLINE APPLICATION
A parent/guardian is required on the application in order for the applicant to be considered for admission. This signature also authorizes the release of middle school records to Bishop Canevin High School.
Students may apply for admission throughout their eighth grade year; however, it is best to apply before January. After the application and middle school records are received and reviewed, and the the high school placement test results have been received, a decision letter will be mailed. Once accepted, a non-refundable deposit of $150 must be received within four weeks of the date on the acceptance letter to secure the student's place in the freshmen class. This deposit is applied to the student's first year tuition. Checks should be payable to Bishop Canevin High School.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed until the freshmen class reaches capacity.
4. All eighth grade students seeking admission to Bishop Canevin High School are required to take the placement test. Tests will be administered in November and February. Registration is required in advance of the test. There is a non-refundable fee of $10 for the placement test, payable in advance or on the day of the test.
Call 412.922.7400, ext. 224 to register for the test.
Please note that the high school placement test must be taken no later than February 3 in order for a student to be considered for a merit-based scholarship.
5. Submit the required non-refundable deposit of $150 to reserve you place in the freshmen class.
6. You are a CRUSADER!
For more information, contact Katie Stevens, Director of Admissions, at email@example.com or 412.922.7400 ext. 220.